Microsoft announced an upgraded version of SkyDrive is on the way, and it’s called OneDrive.
OneDrive is a service, where all your devices can upload and share files, in just one place, therefore switching between phones, or using multiple machines to work on the same files and documents will be much easier. Watch CNET’s introduction to OneDrive.
Microsoft has provided apps for all major smartphones to connect your device to your 7GB OneDrive account.
“Adventure games live in dreams and memories and Germany!”
Tim Schafer, in Broken Age’s KickStarter video
Visual Studio 2013 is an award winner in InfoWorld’s 2014 Technology of the Year list. In this list, InfoWorld picks the best hardware, software, development tools, and cloud services of the year.
Here is a slideshow on top 2013 crowd funded projects by kickstarter.com
Nvidia just revealed its Tegra K1 graphics chips. For me, the most interestring part is “Project Mercury”, a new technology for creating digital dashboards. It’s like designing HUD for games, but in an industrial level.
Maybe in the future, the whole front dashboard will be a big screen on which, designers can visualize some data on top. It will be beautiful and at the same time scary. We’ll have real life Si-Fi in our lives soon!
Here is a list of 5 mobile technologies to watch in 2014. They’re all emerging and growing fast.
I’m curious about this spatial sensitivity; Can we use it to make games?!
If you like experimental games, play Dys4ia online and enjoy it’s method of storytelling.
Now Unity game engine has included built-in 2D game development tools. It is AWEeeeSOME!
Don’t forget to download version 4.3.x or later. If you have a copy of Learn Unity for 2D Game Development book, well, through it away and wait for the new edition
If you’re going to record some sound effects for your creative project, keep in mind, these commandments by Ric Viers, from his book The Sound Effects Bible.
- Thou Shalt Have a Pre-Roll and Post-Roll of Two Seconds on Each Recording.
- Thou Shalt Record More Than You Need.
- Thou Shalt Slate Every Take with as Much Information as Possible.
- Thou Shalt Check Thy Levels Often.
- Thou Shalt Listen to Thy Work by Always Wearing Headphones.
- Thou Shalt Eliminate All Background Noise.
- Thou Shalt Not Interrupt a Take.
- Thou Shalt Point the Microphone at the Sound.
- Thou Shalt Check Thy Equipment Before Going Into the Field.
- Thou Shalt Remember the Copyright Laws to Keep Them Unbroken.
in the online “The Future Of Storytelling” course, Dr. Mark Butler mentions these items as the toolkit and language of computer game storytelling:
- Interactive scripted events
- Ambient narration
- Performance as narrative
- Adventure game architecture
- Distributional and integrative elements
- Thought cues
- Increasing audiovisual fidelity