I saw a photo of pink flamingos on Pinterest, and I got inspired to make a digital illustration. Here is how I did it:
1. I used a reference image to make a vector outfit shape of a flamingo in CorelDraw.
2. I made duplicates of the body, several times across the canvas, then altered their shapes slightly by rotating, sheering and resizing , then finally filled them with basic solid colors.
3. Then I exported the vector file as a .psd file with open layers, and opened it in Corel Painter. Painter has an amazing set of brushes. I painted each body by “Gel Fractal” brush with a pink tone.
4. Next step was combining bodies, and make corrections to have the best cloudish look.
5. Add the end, I added the sea on top with several bluish abstract layers, made the beaks semi transparent, and at last cropped and signed it. The original file is huge and I can have a wall-size print!
If you have questions about the details, please contact me.